Irvine, Calif. – Aug. 7, 2014 – Lantronix, Inc. (NASDAQ: LTRX), a leading global provider of smart IoT (Internet of Things) solutions, today announced the worldwide availability of its new PremierWave® SE1000 – a high performance, programmable, Ethernet-based System-on-Module (SOM) that enables hardware and software engineers to quickly and easily develop and deploy secure industrial IoT applications.
The PremierWave SE1000 SOM provides Ethernet networking connectivity to virtually any device and comes preloaded with full embedded Linux – making it easy to add custom software and applications. The PremierWave SE1000 is designed to be a solution for embedded applications that require simple development, ease of use and a proven robust high performing solution with Ethernet connectivity.
The PremierWave SE1000 provides numerous advantages that enable OEMs and developers of IoT-enabled products to:
- Accelerate time-to-market with less risk while utilizing advanced integrated hardware and software
- Develop customized IoT applications rapidly using multiple programming language options, including C and Python
- Deploy secure network services easily
- Reduce hardware design costs and complexity via an industrial grade compact modular footprint
- Connect to various IoT cloud platforms, analytics platforms such as Google Analytics™ or other enterprise applications
- Simplify product deployment using production-ready Lantronix software management and system configuration modules
- Leverage long term deployment experience and knowledge base for M2M and IoT solutions
- Lower overall total cost of ownership across the product lifecycle
“Enterprises are now creating and adopting IoT and M2M applications to support mission critical activities across the organization, and this trend is driving the need for robust embedded solutions with two key requirements – security and flexibility,” said Joe Rocci, President at Phoenix Broadband Technologies – a global provider of remote monitoring systems to broadband network operators. “The new Lantronix PremierWave SE1000 delivers on both of those requirements, through an easy-to-integrate, compact and cost-effective development platform for rapid network connectivity.”
“We designed the PremierWave SE1000 to meet the specific needs of design engineers and system architects whose projects require a proven network connectivity solution that’s easy to integrate,” said Vishal Kakkad, Director of Product Marketing for Lantronix. “By leveraging our feature-rich, high performance SOM, engineering professionals can focus on their own core competencies and projects, and leave secure network connectivity to us. Customers using the PremierWave SE1000 can now save significant time and money while producing cutting edge IoT applications.”